Select Page

Killian Garvey presenting on NPPF

Over 35 planners, architects, project managers and developers attended our event held on 21st March explaining the implications of the latest changes to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).

Our free event included a presentation by planning barrister Killian Garvey from Kings Chambers. Killian regularly represents both developers and local authorities in the High Court. He specialises in residential development, enforcement action and compulsory purchase orders.

Ranked as number 2 in the list of Best Barristers under the age of 35 by Planning Resource magazine, Killian addressed some of the most significant changes contained in the recent review of the National Planning Policy Framework. He also explained the implications for planning decision-making, particularly in the context of residential developments.

The National Planning Policy Framework was introduced in 2012, setting out the government’s planning policies for England. The aim of the NPPF is to provide a framework within which residents and councils can produce their own local plans to reflect the specific needs of their communities.

The 2018 review comprises 17 chapters, posing a range of questions and addressing issues around the local plan-making process, including transport, climate change, the local economy, and the green belt. As an expert in the area of planning, Killian was able to offer his informed view on how the review will impact upon the planning and construction industry.

Attendees enjoying Killian’s enjoyable presentation

The presentation was very well received, with 79% of attendees rating the event as excellent and the remaining 21% as very good.  “As always, the event was very well run, and Killian was superb,” commented Steven Bateman of Grace Homes while Val Coleby of Berrys found Killian to be “a very interesting speaker”.

We run regular events to help clients and interested parties keep abreast of legislation, policy and good practice across a range of environmental and planning issues, from veteran tree management to ecology workshops.

 

 

John Lockhart, Chairman of Lockhart Garratt comments: “Sharing knowledge and understanding is one of the cornerstones of Lockhart Garratt’s business culture.  We were delighted to bring together an excellent group of high level professionals to learn and network together.  As always Killian spoke brilliantly, making a very complex and potentially dry subject really come to life.  We look forward to hosting more stimulating and enjoyable events in the future.”

The NPPF seminar was the 7th  event that we have held and is part of our ongoing programme of events that are scheduled to take place throughout 2018. For more information click here.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This