Corby Borough Council are looking to recruit a Parks & Woodland Ranger to ensure all parks, woodland and play areas under the auspice of the Council are inspected and maintained to a high standard on an agreed basis.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Inspect all parks/open spaces on an agreed schedule to be confirmed and ensure all the necessary inspection documentation is maintained.
- Take the necessary action to isolate and report where any necessary repair damaged/worn equipment in parks and open spaces.
- Remove litter/glass where practicable, if area is heavily littered, report to environmental and quality services.
- To support voluntary and statutory groups to develop in the long term, enhancement of the parks, play areas and open spaces.
- To assist with the planning and delivery of special/community events.
- To assist the Woodland Manager on the delivery of the Hazel and Thoroughsale Woods Woodland Management Plan, both directly and through the co-ordination of volunteer activities.
- To lead the volunteer groups on a number of operational duties including litter picking, coppicing, path maintenance and other maintenance operations.
- To ensure all tools and equipment, including first aid kits are maintained, kept clean, used and stored safely.
- To ensure safety and security of members of the public and volunteers using and working within the parks, woodlands and open spaces.
- To ensure all buildings are inspected on a regular basis set out by the Line Manager.
Further details and a full job specification can be found here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply, who will then provide you with an internal username and password.
Applications close on 25th July at Midnight.
(Posted by Lockhart Garratt, for and on behalf of Corby Borough Council)