We have a great team of ecologists ranging in experience and expertise, but we are missing a piece of our puzzle and are looking for a bat ecologist to fill the gap and help us to grow our services further.
This senior role provides the opportunity to develop your experience of providing specialist ecological input on large-scale and smaller projects as well as supporting the ecology, landscape, arboriculture, soils and forestry teams with specialist advice on bat licensing and mitigation.
You will also have the opportunity to line manage other team members and provide a mentoring / training role should you so wish.
The role will encompass:
- Undertaking and leading all types of bat surveys;
- Making applications to Natural England as Named Ecologist on bat mitigation licences
- Advising on bat mitigation within the wider team including input for lighting schemes, LEMPS and CEMPS.
- Tendering and budgeting for new work and securing an appropriate level of new instructions and contract extensions; and
- Engaging with statutory agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders on behalf of Clients.
There is also the opportunity to undertake additional roles including:
- Direct management of large-scale or flagship projects;
- Line management of ecology team members;
- Providing training and mentoring to other ecology team members;
- Assistance in wider company projects, including cross business unit working opportunities; and
- Representing Lockhart Garratt at external events.
The right candidate should:
- Hold a protected species licence in respect of surveying for bats (Level 2 minimum);
- Have been a Named Ecologist as part of a bat mitigation licence;
- Ideally be LICL registered or in a position to go through the LICL training process once the next round is opened up by NE.
- Have experience in mitigating for more common species and some of the rarer ones too, if possible as well as different roost types.
- Have a good understanding of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques and keep up to date with new technologies and best practice;
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey work and to work away from home (occasional).
What’s in it for you?
Our aim will be to develop and enhance your career and make sure you reach your full potential. As an employee of Lockhart Garratt you would be entitled to:
- A healthy work/life balance
- Competitive monthly salary & bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Time off in Lieu
- Professional membership fees covered by the company
- Travel expenses (for client & company travel)
- Dedicated training budget
- Annual outdoor working allowance
- AA breakdown cover
- Pension scheme
How to apply:
To apply for this role please complete the online application below by 5pm on Friday 24th April 2021
For an informal discussion about the position, please contact the Head of Ecology Jo Alderton on 07971349801 or by email email@example.com